[Asked to CCP Devs]
Since we were all caught of guard by CCP announcement and this, in the process, enraged 90% of the community, now we need them to work harder than ever to deliver us the Project Legion stuff.
Few questions need to be answered in my opinion, since it will decide most of the DUST community future.
For the next weeks;
1) Is Project Legion a "go" or "no go" after the bad reaction it received;
2) How will character transfer work ? Will it really occur? (This question is the most needed one... since those who plan playing Legion will start gathering resources or trainning based on this answer);
3) How long do you plan the DUST 514 servers to run?
For the next few months
1) Specs required to run the future project (Similar to EVE ? TO PS2?), Since people need time to plan a purchase of a rig;
2) SOLID timeframe for Alpha/Beta start. How long till the conclusion of the project? We need REAL progress tracking and dev blogs at least 2 per month to keep us updated.
The "Don't do this again to us" List:
1) Leave us in the dark;
2) Change projects without consulting us first;
3) Booster sales in a dying game (This was the most absurd thing IMO. I have 1 year of passive booster connected...all for nothing);
4) Specially this one... DO NOT LIE TO US ANYMORE! (LASER FOCUSED ON THE PS3 means LASER FOCUSED ON THE PS3... LASER FOCUSED ON THE LEGION PROJECT MEANS LASER FOCUSED ON THE LEGION PROJECT) (The Caps is not a scream it's to get the attention)
The concept you are working is what keeps me here... I'm losing almost all my corp mates to Destiny ( that game looks like it's going to SUCK BAD! ) because of this decision... I'm mad and needless to say ... all of us are.
Also, please don't delete this topic saying this is a rant... this is a demand ... not a rant,
I'll do what I can to answer some of your questions over the next few days. :) It's only the first day after Fanfest so I'm a little weary, but I'll do my best! Some answers for you, based on what we know:
- Project Legion will be determined to be a "go" or a "no go" when Hilmar et al. sign off on it. We obviously really want it to grow in to a real boy and become everything this game's vision is made out to be. It's not at the point in development for that call to be made just yet.
- Character transfer is a no-brainer from a conceptual standpoint, but it's specifics are difficult from a development standpoint. I understand the frustration that it wasn't made crystal clear during the keynote. Let me elaborate a little as to why it's difficult, though. As presented in CCP Z's talk, we're working super hard on developing a progression system and economy that will kick ass. So, if some things may not exist or make sense should Legion become a reality, then those items couldn't carry over (in their current form, anyway). Rest assured though, we will do what we can to preserve what is currently there and figure out solutions for what is not. That is my current understanding. :)
- I have seen no plans relating to DUST 514 shutting down at this time. We're still working on some things for it and over the next few weeks (and once I'm back in Shanghai) hopefully I can figure out more of what that will entail.
- It's too early to be able to talk about Recommend Hardware Specs, although I know that the guys are starting to pull a rough idea of these together. The game is still being heavily developed and little has been done in the way of optimization just yet, but this will obviously happen. When we have an idea of minimum specs I'll try to get them out to you. Keep poking.
- Solid timeframe for Alpha / Beta is also impossible to give right now, because the truth is that we honestly don't know until the Project is green-lit. Once that happens then we'll be able to try and formalize those plans.
Ultimately, I don't want to leave you guys in the dark. It was difficult to remain closed-lipped about the announcement of Project Legion prior to Fanfest (trust me!), but it's my intention to try and share as much as I can with you in the meantime.