"Using microscale railgun technology, the sniper rifle effectively weaponizes velocity, putting an inert round downrange in excess of 2,500m/s. The standard round is a 2-inch ‘beehive' flechette, loaded automatically from a center-mount pack. The pack design eliminates user intervention and minimizes reload time while simultaneously allowing for future upgradeability; different ammunition configurations require nothing more than switching out the rifle's pack."
The sniper rifle is a long-range anti-infantry weapon. It has a +300% damage multiplier for accurate head-shots, and with a +200% for the Tactical variant. It has a low rate of fire and a high damage per shot.
As a hybrid weapon, the Sniper Rifle has a +10% damage bonus to armour, and a -10% penalty to shields.
Sniper Rifle Vs. Scrambler RifleEdit
- Longer effective range.
- Higher Damage Per Shot.
- Leaves a less visible bullet trail then the Scrambler Rifle.
- If aiming down the sights, bullets always hit the centre of the reticule.
- Unless facing a high-level Sentinel Dropsuit that is armour tanking, a head-shot will always kill the target.
- Due to the higher base damage, combined with the damage multiplier; if a head-shot is scored, the target will not receive a directional damage marker (due to them being dead).
- Smaller magazine.
- Lower Rate of Fire.
- Lower reload speed.
- Carries less spare ammunition.
- Cannot be used effectively at close range (unless lucky shots are made, or the target is almost dead).